Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: TomKat is pregnant

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TomKat is pregnant

    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHA. That was great.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cruise not just a hero in movies.

    Sure Cruise goes overboard, but man someone has to do something about the legal drug dealers in this country. I have a friend who was on Ritalin for most his youth until he got teenager and a doctor determined that he had been misdiagnosed. I was watching one of those cable talk shows on sex, the psychiatrist recommend a patient take antidepressant cause he had a small penis. The medical establishment tries to solve all problems with drugs. So someone like Tom Cruise speaks out and he is attacked, by the establishment and all the parrots in society just repeat what big brother says. They want everyone dopped up.


    Tom Cruise Talks About Fame and Scientology
    From Rebecca Murray,Your Guide to Hollywood Movies.

    NEW YORK, Nov. 15, 2004 - In the December 2004 "Men of the Year" issue of GQ, cover subject Tom Cruise sits down with features editor Lucy Kaylin for a candid conversation about the learning disorder that led to his empire-building role in Scientology, the "catastrophe of epic proportions" facing us today, and what it is really like to be Tom Cruise.
    To prepare for the interview, Kaylin underwent a lengthy Scientology tutorial at three locations with Cruise's sister and publicist, Lee Anne Devette, before talking to Cruise about the boyhood dyslexia diagnosis that eventually led him to Scientology. "You know, when they said, 'You learn a different way,' I was like, Why? I want to know," says Cruise. "Why couldn't I learn? Dyslexia -- what is it? No one really knew. And then when I realized that there's a book called The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual" -- the handbook of mental disorders -- "and they voted on what goes in it, I said, 'This is bulls**t.' " He goes on to say, "I tried everything. And then I learned about this study technology. When I started out, quite honestly I wasn't like 'This is it.' But you know, you're hoping. ... "

    Kaylin writes that Cruise supports Scientology's sustained assault on the psychiatric profession and the dispensing of diagnoses and drugs like ADD and Ritalin. "You know, we have eight and a half million kids on drugs," says Cruise. "It's a human-rights issue: electroshock, prefrontal lobotomies, and drugging, which is mental straitjacketing. And I feel for the parents. It's a betrayal of them, because they are inundated with propaganda about how this is going to help your child and calm him down. It's a catastrophe of epic proportions."

    Cruise says of the controversy of that seems to cling to Scientology: "I really don't care what people say. Here's the thing you've got to understand: I'm not looking for approval from anyone. Because I know when my head hits the pillow at night, I'm doing everything I can to make the world a better place."

    As the interview closes, Kaylin asks Cruise whether he ever stops to consider his megastar status. "Are you kidding me?" says Cruise. "We laugh hysterically. My mom, my sisters -- we piss ourselves with laughter. You know, even now, sometimes we go from country to country, and I'll be there with Lee Anne, and I'm getting on my airplane. And it's just that look of 'Can you f**king believe this?" He continues: "I don't think I will ever not be giddy about that. It may sound funny but ... there's just an appreciation. A true damn appreciation for it."

    Kaylin's article, Tom Cruise Born Again, appears in the December 2004 issue of GQ, on newsstands nationwide Tuesday, November 23. GQ is the leading men's general-interest magazine and part of Conde Nast Publications, Inc.


  3. #3
    Inactive Member triodevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2005
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cruise not just a hero in movies.

    I think Brooke Sheilds said it best when she noted the following: "I'm just guessing, but I bet Tom Cruise never suffered from post-partum depression."

    If Cruise were an expert, maybe he would have more credibitly. Unfortunately, he's another actor using his platform as a celebrity to espouse his views. I'd rather listen to a misguided, but educated, physician than an actor who gives opinions about subjects he's not qualified to assess. Maybe Cruise should worry about pre-marital sex if he's going to take the moral high-road. What? Pre-marital sex doesn't matter for those who practice Scientology? How convenient for him. I guess whatever works for him is OK, but others' choices aren't... Tom Cruise should mind his onw business and tend to his family, especially since it is growing.
    You wanted the best, you got the best...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cruise not just a hero in movies.

    You just completely missed the point of my entire post. Congrats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •